Best HeadPhones For Mixing??

X

xpress87

ok dont like using studio monitors to mix! I love headphones but I took a layoff from music and im trying to see whats new or old that I never used before and last time i did music I used the Sony DJ Remix headphones.

I am looking for headphones that are really responsive and good price 100-140 usd.

any fav's you guys have that fit the bill let me know!!

umm okayyy....i think any one who produces music is well aware there are no such thing as mixing head phones. =\

WE ARE TALKING HEADPHONES WITH GREAT MIDS GREAT HIGHS AND GREAT BASS FOR UNDER $150.00

I have heard ppl say dr.dre beats are like studiomonitors in your ear blah blah but if you can REALLY afford $400 dollar headphones you should should be grossin like 30-40k a year.

People we are talking reliable head phones that will be used FOR MIXING hip hop beats all genres. so the head phone has to be bass responsive high and mids crisp ect..

i have the studio beats by dre, and they sound real nice, they have a good range of sound...i also have a pair of sennheiser hd280s, and i use these for when i'm in the booth...those retail for $100, definitely worth checkin' out....

master the mix I do have monitors cakewalk MA-15D by roland.

like I said I wanna start using headphones because I found that using headphones gives you a more accurate sound in your "average" car!! now if you mix down with monitors it does sound pretty good in your neighborhood D-boy car that is fo sure.

Mr.AK47

Thanks man Im looking up both of those headphones now!!

like I said I wanna start using headphones because I found that using headphones gives you a more accurate sound in your "average" car!!

Mixing in headphones? "Average" car? What is an average car? What sonic standard has been set that automobile manufacturers are following while equipping new cars at the factory?

What you might wanna consider doing is getting rid of the Edirols, and upgrade AT LEAST to a pair of Alesis M1 MkIIs, and you might develop a better relationship with monitors.

If you think for a second that you're gonna get a mix that sounds halfway decent in ANY sound system, let alone in the "average" car, you really have no clue what all this is about.

It's one thing to really not Know what you're talking about, it's another to make up stories about what you're trying to do in order to cover up the fact that you still don't got access to what you need to get decent sounds...I'm just sayin'.

man . . . these dudes dont let up on no one . . . .

understanding the relationship of how monitors/headphones translate is much more important than the brand that they are marked with.

i say spend a decent amount of money on either (headphones/monitors) and take the time to learn them. How? Listening to TONS of music on whatever you purchase. Might even wanna google "critical listening" or "learning to listen", there's tons of books, articles and software to help you understand.

me, personally, i use Beyerdynamic dt770's at home and some JBL LSR series at the studio.

www.myspace.com/mikeduganonmyspace

the first sc player has music ive recorded and mixed at the studio within the past year. *you have to stop the 2nd sc player, that plays my beats automatically.

What you might wanna consider doing is getting rid of the Edirols.

first all who said anything about edirols?? :rofl:

these are the monitors i have and I messed up my m-audios studiophiles
so i had these as a back up and love them cause i can adjust bass and treb straight from the monitors

If you think for a second that you're gonna get a mix that sounds halfway decent in ANY sound system, let alone in the "average" car, you really have no clue what all this is about..

what does that even mean? get a sound that sounds half way decent pshh

song close your eyes i did the production on so thats cute

go to

myspace_brentelsmusicpage_com

thanks for the promotion shot lol

It's one thing to really not Know what you're talking about, it's another to make up stories about what you're trying to do in order to cover up the fact that you still don't got access to what you need to get decent sounds...I'm just sayin'.

You should watch that MTV Show "If you really knew me" haha cause final product speaks for its self "im just sayin".

nothin to watch man just mrak47 gave me some good ideas for headphones

and i guess you have to use monitors to mix i know like 6 producers here at BGSU that do music for hiphop artist and they do the mastermix on cds and the real heavy bass joints get mad distortion in your sables focus's civics ect. (your normal "average" car)

but sound so crisp played over full stacks in clubs when doing shows.

so i got to thinking man if i can find a decent priced headphone right in the ear maybe jus maybe i can mix to were it will sound good on some kicker L7's and also in a factory speaker as well.

i have a tracer with a regular cd player and the same song will sound like crap

then i have a sable with a 4" sub and it sounds good

i feel bad if your listening to a mixtape i have done and you dont have a "banging system" and listening to a cd that is very well put together but sounds bad you know?

it was just a thought so i wanna try it get some ideas on headphones and i get jumped like i dont know what im doing wtf??

umm okayyy....i think any one who produces music is well aware there are no such thing as mixing head phones. =\

WE ARE TALKING HEADPHONES WITH GREAT MIDS GREAT HIGHS AND GREAT BASS FOR UNDER $150.00

I have heard ppl say dr.dre beats are like studiomonitors in your ear blah blah but if you can REALLY afford $400 dollar headphones you should should be grossin like 30-40k a year.

People we are talking reliable head phones that will be used FOR MIXING hip hop beats all genres. so the head phone has to be bass responsive high and mids crisp ect..

You can not mix with headphones. You want to mix with headphones. Don't do it. Buy monitors. $150 headphones are crap.

i have a friend who uses the ones by dre.. and imo they arent wat there made out to be... I use some auvio headphones but in order to get a good mix u need some monitors.. why not just save up and get a powered krk rokit

You can not mix with headphones. You want to mix with headphones. Don't do it. Buy monitors. $150 headphones are crap.

I think this needs a bit of elaboration. Are you gonna get a professional mix with headphones alone? No. You can't hear phase issues, the stereo image is distorted, the space is taken out of the equation, for starters. Can you get a decentish amateur mix with headphones and a lot of cross-referencing on other systems? Possibly, with a lot of practice.

Recommended reading:
SOS studio headphones shootout
Bruce Valeriani - Whad'ya Mean I Can't Mix With Headphones????

I think this needs a bit of elaboration. Are you gonna get a professional mix with headphones alone? No. You can't hear phase issues, the stereo image is distorted, the space is taken out of the equation, for starters. Can you get a decentish amateur mix with headphones and a lot of cross-referencing on other systems? Possibly, with a lot of practice.

Recommended reading:
SOS studio headphones shootout
Bruce Valeriani - Whad'ya Mean I Can't Mix With Headphones????

But will cheap monitors give better results? Yes.

ok well im looking at monitors

krk rokit 6 i like em thanks!!

This is funny also. These are probably the worst mixing speakers ever made.

Really cause I'm sure the research I've done is pretty accurate. Good monitor
Good bang for the buck.

And yeah u can get em for 179.00 the rokits that is g2 6 at musician friend

Back