Best/Easiest Mixing and Mastering Software

B

BrooklynKillah

what would u say people, plus are there any tutorial sites/books for it online ? let me know, thanks a lot.

There's no best or easiest. Chances are that with any program you'd end up taking the same steps to get to the mix you want.

Best thing is to try out demos and figure out what you're comfortable with instead.

I think Cakewalk Sonar is the best. Really, Cakewalk HomeStudio is just as good if you have already got good plug-in effects. I think pro-tools is way over rated and even more over priced. Cool Edit is good for audio, but has no sequencing power. Cubase SX is very akward to use. AcidPro is okay, but not that great. Setting up tracks to record MIDI and audio in Cubase and AcidPro are so much more complicated than they need to be. Really, Cakewalk HomeStudioV4 gets my pick as best overall and best value, while Cakewalk Sonar5 Producer Editon gets best recording softare bundle.

I like Cakewalk Sonar too. There is no easy and quick way to mix. Let me take that back there is but no one will probaly want to listen and if your serious about your craft you should not want the quick and easy way. Work at it to make your song sound just as or better than the commercial stuff.

I know alot of people mention the big boys of software,but there is a new project from the developer of winamp,and right now it free.It's going to be only $20 when it reaches 1.0 in a few months.

It lacks very little in audio power,and is getting better.
The midi is basic at the moment,but useable if you need it.

It will do any effect routing you need with unlimited tracks,and inserts(depending on your cpu ofcourse).
Lots of envolopes too.

Another free option is Kristal audio engine,and also very good,however Reaper has surrpassed it in features already,and is only a 3 month old app!
Ease of use is about the same with both.

Here's the links.

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/index.php?section=download

it depends on what you want

for daw's you can say the following

for recording only: protools digi or HD but it's rather expensive and doesn't work without the hardware.

most all round/most possibilities: cubase and logic (mac only) but it's not easy in use for a starter.

for loop editing, remixing & co: acid pro but it's rather limited for something else

an easy and ok daw for beginners without loosing to much quality: fruity studio & sonar

wave editting & sample chopping: wavelab & adobe audition.

mastering: sequoia.

now see what you gonna do and test them before buying one.

Mixing has less to do with choice of s/w and far more to do with understanding how to blend tracks together cohesively and in a dynamic and exciting manner that brings out the full artistic vision of the song.

The h/w or s/w you choose to use is simply personal preference as to the tools you find most comfortable to work with.

Last edited:
Back