Best Condensor Mic for the money

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
What's the best condenser microphone for the money? I have a 4 track audio interface up and running. I have 3 tracks for instruments and I'm leaving one open for vocals, but a condenser mic can record anything that can't plug directly into the interface.

From your experience, what's the best one for the money? It can be any price rang. I just need some advice. Let me know, please.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It's for sing or any use? I don't use this brand but in the future I am thinking about buy one mic from Røde, they give 10-year warranty and I like what I listen in tests on the internet, they appear to be good microphones. I already used an AKG Perception 220 and I really liked this one, but I think I will buy a Røde in the future, if I really need a microphone.

It's for sing or any use? I don't use this brand but in the future I am thinking about buy one mic from Røde, they give 10-year warranty and I like what I listen in tests on the internet, they appear to be good microphones. I already used an AKG Perception 220 and I really liked this one, but I think I will buy a Røde in the future, if I really need a microphone.

Thank you, I'm checking those out. I appreciate the insight. It's my birthday in 10 minutes so a new mic might be coming my way.

Some kind of a ballpark budget might make this a bit easier. Also the environment - if you're recording in a "regular" room, a $10k Brauner will get you a really expensive recording that still sounds like that room.

thanks, but I'll take mahohnik's advice, and I can make it sound good. Don't worry about that..

Last edited:
You asked for the best mic for the money, but now you'll buy a Røde? Crazy :D
Low-budget: AudioTechnica AT 2035
Mid-range: Microtech Gefell M930 (MG is the original Neumann company)

You asked for the best mic for the money, but now you'll buy a Røde? Crazy :D
Low-budget: AudioTechnica AT 2035
Mid-range: Microtech Gefell M930 (MG is the original Neumann company)
Rødes are very good, 10-year warranty means they believe the mic will be intact at least 10 years. I believe in this company.

Rødes are very good, 10-year warranty means they believe the mic will be intact at least 10 years. I believe in this company.

Or it means they think their failure ratio is low/good enough to make more money from the sales the warranty generates than what goes into servicing faulty parts. The warranty obviously just covers faulty parts & workmanship; I think pretty much *any* mic should last at least 10 years under normal conditions, accidents not withstanding (and this is coming from someone with a Røde mic).

Back