The Best Books on Audio

Good picks, there's a couple others I would've liked to see on the list but no complaints about the ones that are already on it. Thanks Chater-La

Mixing With Your Mind by Michael Paul Stavrou. Also, Zen and the Art of Mixing from Mixerman is awesome.

Last edited:
I've read, and re-read Bobby Owsinski's Mixing Engineer's Handbook a few times. It's an excellent read. I bought Mike Senior's Mixing Secrets books and can tell you it's packed full of great info whether you're a beginner, or a pro, this book will help take your mixes to the next level.

Just my 2 cents. :cool:

books for audio

to read best books for audio you go for:-
Beutifull Ruins
in this you will get the knowledge of audio.

If your mix is garbage don't expect master will make you happy. Work on your mix first before wasting your time reading mastering books. Sometimes if you Mix is good there no need to do a lot on mastering just to add the compressor, and make it laud or how ever the costumer like it. Trust me don't waste your time. Train your ears and be you and that will make you special for the costumers.

I like the Mixing Engineer's manual & have been using "Recording Tips for Engineers" Cleaner, Brighter tracks since 06'. It's like my bible & it has a freq chart that I use sometimes when I mix.

Last edited:
If your mix is garbage don't expect master will make you happy. Work on your mix first before wasting your time reading mastering books. Sometimes if you Mix is good there no need to do a lot on mastering just to add the compressor, and make it laud or how ever the costumer like it. Trust me don't waste your time. Train your ears and be you and that will make you special for the costumers.

Very true man. A wise lesson.

I was checking out a form and this guy (who makes awesome music today) was highly recommending this book back in 2010. He mentions that there are 50+ pages dedicated to mixing/mastering but I (ordered it and) am excited to read it as an introduction to electronic music production and sound synthesis.

It's called the Dance Music Manual by Rick Snoman.

Back