Beatcounters

replayy

What is the most accurate beat counter out there? Preferably a beatcounter that you can litteraly play through your line-in and it calculates the BPM.

:bat:

I am not sure if "accurate" is a word you would use for BPM counters, however, I do own one. One thing the counters completly BL*W on is Breakbeats. Horrible job on that.

I haven't really researched all of the counters out there. However, I do like the Gemini Counter that I currently have.

http://www.pssl.com/cgi-bin/sgsh0101.exe?HKW=CAT1_DJ&SKW=CAT2_BP&FNM=11&UID=2001071612192616

...I opted for the cheaper one. One thing to remember is not to use the counter ALL the time. You don't want to get into the habit of "needing" it.

I pretty much utilize mine just for the readouts. It will give you the BPM within a couple seconds to let you know, "if it is even going to mix in". After that point and if I am within 5 or so beats, I'll rely completely on my ear.

Another good use for the counter, if you are into this, is to label your records for quick reference. I have even see DJ's that will label and arrange their records like so:

100-105
110-115
115-120

...so on and so forth.

Hey I noticed you are from SF...what style are you into? I am across the bay in Hayward. I spin mostly:

Progressive House
Big, Bouncy, Vocal House
Trance
*some* Trip-Hop.

Good Luck !

one

...Oh and for hooking it up to your current system, I did it the following way:

TT > BPM Counter > Mixer.

Back