BBE sonic maximizer

david lee

one f0rum under house
Has anyone ever used these before. i used to think they were a little gimmiky unless you buy the high end ones, but i picked up the little one this weekend that retails for about $100 (got it for $60 on sale at GC) while i was shopping for record needles. I was shocked at how much it helped the sound of the room i play in on the weekends. It brightens up the highs a lot and gives a nice touch of clarity to the vocals and mids. helps when you're playing for a noisy bar and it gets loud and you don't want to crank up the music too much. also, the LO CONTOUR knob is nice to crank up when you've got a drop or something that you want to emphasize the lows for just a second.

Anyone ever use these little black boxes before.

ah yes i did use one of these little wonders !
Trust me it works just like it says it does !
Its a must have !

I almost bought one....... then i saw the APHEX AURAL EXCITER and bought it instead :) The aphex gives u more control over the process and is more "pro".

A review of the APHEX AURAL EXCITER is on its way :)

i would have loved to have bought the aphex again. i've used that at a jazz club i used to run FOH sound for and it doubled the quality of the sound. i was just looking for a nice inexpensive bump in quality and the BBE gave it to me all the way!

very true !
which model maximiser did u buy ?
they are probably the coolest things a dj can buy !

i'm not sure what model it is but it's a small box with only the Process and LO Contour adjustments on it. i like it because it fits in my record bag (UDG ROCKS) and it's one less piece of big gear to carry around. it was at guitar center here in dallas for like 60 bucks. great addition that is worth every penny.:D

Back