balanced mix - help

BeatbyAS

I made a beat. The mix sound clean and clear on speakers and my mixing headphones but lacks that feel in the ipod headphones.

I can hear the difference when I compare to other tracks that I play on all 3 systems.

What should I work on my mix to make it more balanced in every music playing systems ?

I made a beat. The mix sound clean and clear on speakers and my mixing headphones but lacks that feel in the ipod headphones.

Been through the exact same thing!

I would double check that your monitoring devices have a flat frequency response; That they're not trying to make the sound "higher quality" by eqing on their own.. Took me 6 months to realize my expensive headphones were f***ing up the sound and therefore my mixes on other devices.

Also, I'm guessing your ipod headphones were by far the cheapest of the three listening systems. This is what the typical consumer listens on and is probably the most important mix to make sound right.

Try doing your initial balancing on the ipod headphones, or preferably a cheap mono source. Then switch to your mixing equipment only once the foundation sounds good.

I didn't listen to your music, but ipod headphones concetrate on mids, try playing witg you 1-2khz area .
Another thing you can try is adding higher harmonics to your bass , since bass frequencies doesn't exist in you headphones

Back