the bacics on fl studio

It's hard. i know it sound stupid but i don't know how make it a song. i can only have a pattern and it repeats can someone help me. i'm a rapper normaly but i can't find a producer so i have to make beat's myself

If were thinking on the same page, then i had the same problem u have when i started out 6 months ago. How to keep the damn pattern from repeating. Alright.... Look at the main display in FL near the clock you'll see two small boxes one box reads PAT the other one reads SONG. Make sure that SONG is HIGHLIGHTED! If you have the pattern ready, for example, pattern 1 right click SONG and you will see a page with a grid on it. click the fist box on pattern one's line and click play.

Keep on keepin on....

BlacknWhite said:
It's hard. i know it sound stupid but i don't know how make it a song. i can only have a pattern and it repeats can someone help me. i'm a rapper normaly but i can't find a producer so i have to make beat's myself

check out the video at teh bottom of my blog

http://beatmaking.blogspot.com/

BlacknWhite, it's all really practice. There are a few books, one of them posted on the offical FL Studio website, that can guide you, but there is no book or tutorial can make you good at composing. Become familar with FL Studio; master it's features. Learn what a sampler is, what each plugin is used for, what VSTI's are, how to use MIDI, etc. Don't become discouraged if it seems confusing at first, you WILL get the hang of it eventually. I have a lot of friends who are very good rappers and they've all been producing for years... And they all would say the same thing; there is a reason it took them years to get where they are.

Your first song will probably sound kind of bad, but thats okay. Don't start off with huge expectations. Just think of all the signed rappers out there; they were once the same level as you. Keep making songs and eventually you'll compare your first song with your newst song and think "Whoa, hooolld up, this sounds way better then my first."

Here are also a few links to get you started on becoming familiar with FL Studio:

www.fltutorials.com
www.spinwarp.com
www.computermusictutorials.com
www.warbeats.com
www.pixel2life.com

Also remember to have fun with it, don't get all stressed because it seems hard at first. It should be a hobby, not a chore. The only limits are your own creativity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back