AudioRecording Q - how to eliminate hiss space

i-clan

hi.
problem - recording sequenced percussion sounds, and in between each little hit of sound, a hiss rises up from silence and retreats as the next sound hits.

setup - pro tools on g4 seqencing nord2 keyboard, nord goes in to Mackie mixer, and is sent along the aux1 or aux2 send. The send goes along a lead and into one of the two front inputs of the digi001 soundcard, and is recorded onto an audio track on protools, where the hiss is arising. All gains etc are at about unity gain give or take a bit.

maybe it's just how things are. just seems a little bit excessive, maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Actually i think i had a rack compressor used as an insert on it ... but i have changed the studio around ... no it's not in use. What would you see as extreme values, for interest's sake?
Thanks for the response, good guess!
it might be that i have about 6 power transformers plugged in to the same power board for occasionally used effects and such ...

if u are using protools ther is a little tool called silence strip.and it strips silent portions or surtain spots out of recordings .. this will work fine......
if u are using 5.1 look under window / show strip silence or hit
apple/u = this is the short cut key...
when it is open adjust the threshold to cut the pops and unwanted noise in the middleof sounds.

i have the channel strip plug for PT is - strip silence like this plugin? i only have PT 5.0.1 ... i should upgrade :)

click --- apple / u and see if it pops up ,i am not shure if 5.01 supports this...

heyhey, whaddaya know, it does! defaults are
on threshold -48db down
off threshold - 48 db down

discard if shorter than 100milliseconds.

nice one indeed Astral2222.
:cool:

no problem / i got more where that came from :)
try to do that in cakewalk.....:)

Back