ASK US ANYTHING! Mixing,Mastering,Production !!!

L

LAProDuctions

Not saying we know it all, but if you have a question we will do our best to answer it.

There is really no substitute to the K Line of monitoring systems. There are some vst's that can kind of help with similar monitoring from Voxengo,Waves and Izotope.

I need to get five songs mixed and mastered to showcase on Friday. Can you help me out? Send me a PM.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

when I say songs I mean beats of course.

I'd venture - doing constant promotion like this thread, and then having really good tracks to back it up.

Production sounds great guys. Doing iStandard this year?

Istandard is more HipHop isn't it? Looks cool though

Really like the production, nice wide image, the synths are meshed perfectly too. My question is a bit more simple I am NO where near your work lol. What kind of effects do you like to use on your kicks and snares the sound they sound RIGHT on!

Really like the production, nice wide image, the synths are meshed perfectly too. My question is a bit more simple I am NO where near your work lol. What kind of effects do you like to use on your kicks and snares the sound they sound RIGHT on!

For kick- Usually start with a solid low kick and just light cuts on the eq to make sure it not too muddy or boxy sounding then layer a high clicky sounding kick over top. This is the one you will compress pretty hard -8db range 4:1 ratio is a good start and maybe cut some lows out to not compete with your low kick. Random Tip: Layering 808's is very hard to do because of the attack and release characteristics. Snare is usually one sound and you can layer a clap under it for chorus' or on every other hit. Some tasteful reverb can help add some space to your snare but not necessarily.

How do make a pad and a lead mix well together if they sound totally off with each other? I was thinking it had to do with detuning, but I am not sure..

For kick- Usually start with a solid low kick and just light cuts on the eq to make sure it not too muddy or boxy sounding then layer a high clicky sounding kick over top. This is the one you will compress pretty hard -8db range 4:1 ratio is a good start and maybe cut some lows out to not compete with your low kick. Random Tip: Layering 808's is very hard to do because of the attack and release characteristics. Snare is usually one sound and you can layer a clap under it for chorus' or on every other hit. Some tasteful reverb can help add some space to your snare but not necessarily.
Awesome, I'll definitely have to experiment around with that. haha wont bite the technique too hard, but you gotta admire great sounding drums.

Back