Applying effects to different channels in Reason 5

NMae12

Hey everyone
In kong i have all of my drum sounds connected to their own mixer channels but I cant seem to find a way to connect my effects to just that mixer channel only without having it EQ the whole kong plugin. Is there any way around this? Thanks

I could use a particular drums input into the eq then plug that into the mixer but then i'd only be able to connect one effect per drum sound

Last edited:
welcome to the world of modular synthesis/fx routing

there is no easy path to do what you want to do

each channel in kong has outputs on the back of kong (as you know if you are connecting each pad to a different mix channel)

what you are asking about is how do i apply a single fx module (regardless of its purpose) to a sing a kong pad.

answer is simply wire the pad to the fx wire the fx to mixer channel qed

however, if you want to have more than one external fx module applied to your kong pad then you need to consider using audio splitter/mergers, combinators with more complex routing capabilities, apply them as insert fx chained serially to the individual kong pad inserts or just wire them up in series (sequence)

the depth of routing possibilities is endless and really only limited by your imagination

specific fx chains would be helpful in advising you more deeply

Last edited:
Back