anylizing frequency on master track??

illformula

I'm looking at the master tracks frequency with the fab filter pro q plug in. Is there a standard of what it is supposed to look like . It's a Hip Hop song.

I'd say it's more important what it sounds like rather than what it looks like. However it being a hip hop song is irrelevant. Try downloading a high quality pink noise sample and looking at the through the analyzer. Should be a gentle downslope high in the lows sloping down to the right. I think pink noise is 3db per octave if i'm not mistaken

There's really no standard and frequency analyzing, while somewhat enlightening (sometimes) is pretty much a waste of your time. And besides, you can't just say "A hip-hop track." Young Jeezy will have a different spectral balance from Kendrick Lamar.

I wouldn't look at it that way. Just look at it from what you hear. If you feel like the track sounds slightly off, maybe it's not a bad thing, maybe it is. Personally, this new to pimp a butterfly album had some songs that sounded REALLY off to me but I like them. Hood Politics is one.

I remember when I started I did that stuff, but honestly my friend, it's completely useless to what you're looking to achieve (and trust me , been there)
Anyway, no standard look

Back