Any way to hook Focusrite Solo to balanced input monitors??

MachoSavage

Found a scarlett 2nd gen solo at a pawn shop for $30. The codes for Pro Tools and the other goodies still work too, so I think it was a good deal. My first audio interface at that. Well anyways I've been doing a little researching and realized it only has an unbalanced output. I was looking at getting a pair of JBL lsr or Yamaha Hs monitors but now it looks like I'm limited to speakers with an rca output. Is this the case or is there a way I can use these type of monitors with my interface??

You just need a cable with RCAs on the other end and XLRs on the other. It'll still be unbalanced though, not that it matters much.

So I can use monitors like Yamaha HS series and Jbl lsr series with the Focusrite solo?? Asked in a FB FL Studio group and this guy basically said "I should've payed more attention" and pretty much said my options were limited to monitors with unbalanced only outputs. This made me look at Krk rokits for my first pair of monitors but I really like the look of the Yamahas

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about, clearly. Also: monitors only have inputs, not outputs (they output audio, of course, but signals only enter them via inputs...). But anyway - you can connect unbalanced to balanced and vice versa, but in these scenarios balanced always becomes unbalanced, never the other way round. So yes, you can connect the Solo to all the monitors in the world, basically.

Back