Another Request For Mix Critique From Producer/Vocalist/NON-Engineer

Perfect engineering and amazing lyrics, well sung, strong and on beat. Perfect execution, and the struggle you went through show how strong you are to overcome it, reminds me of Wiz Kalifa in "Payphone" by Maroon 5.

I am starting to produce an R&B album, after my first Free EP here: DJ LFD(Low Frequency Domination) - Mix N' Match by DJ LFD | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I have been self-taught and using tutorials from image line, YT, and experimenting myself for 16 years, and used to make techno rave in the early 2000's.

I have 2 rap songs i uploaded to give you an idea of how crappy a rapper i am lol: Sad Rapper by DJ LFD | Free Listening on SoundCloud

could use a lyricist to make my tunes complete songs instead of instrumentals. I admit i lived a priviliged life, but i am aware of Urban Disputes living in a mixed neighborhood in Dorchester, MA... i am also intersted in Military Activity and World Events... that's why i like your lyrics so much.

Last edited:
Listening to some of your stuff right now! thank you for the feedback and showing love on the track via Soundcloud! Worked really hard on it :)

This song is legit af. From beginning to the end. I loved the solo at the end. The Beat is mixed great. The only tip i would say is maybe bump the retune speed back a little. That is a personal taste thing tho. I think your real voice is sick, and you should let that shine. Maybe a de-ess a little bit more, and more highs off the reverbs? I use Lo-fi to cut the verbs it makes them sound thicker. But, these are all taste things, and you are sick. Keep it up.

The rhythm is not giving me so much feeling, but the bass compensates for it, to some degree, but is in my taste a bit loud. It is quite well polished, but there is quite a lot of distortion/distraction in there. It kind of works, the elements of the production limits what it can be. It's quite cool, I am not getting an adrenaline kick. Overall an interesting project, now get your hands dirty... :)

Back