Alternatives to the DAT

C

Carambel

Hey guys,

I'm momentarely routing my sound from my computer into a dm3200 mixer to create perfect mixes...it works :)

but offcourse i also gotta record this mixes, ...what is best used for this?
Harddiskrecorders have way to much channels, i just want one single high quality channel recorder to record my final mix...

thanks

Back into the computer through a digital connection, MasterLink, DV-RA1000...

Are you *using* the mixer or just routing to it...? If it's the latter, you really aren't gaining anything more than just staying "in the box" and rendering.

MASSIVE Mastering said:
Back into the computer through a digital connection, MasterLink, DV-RA1000...

Are you *using* the mixer or just routing to it...? If it's the latter, you really aren't gaining anything more than just staying "in the box" and rendering.

I'm routing... what do you mean by 'using' it?
When i route, my signal is going to the dm, but not back you see, so i need something to record the master...

If your soundcard is in the same 'league' as the DM3200 you'll probably get the most consistent result if you go back into your computer via AES/EBU 24 bit. That is, if your soundcard supports it.

We do it like that from the 02R AES/EBU out into a RME 9636 digital card and then record in Wavelab.

B#

Carambel said:

I'm routing... what do you mean by 'using' it?
When i route, my signal is going to the dm, but not back you see, so i need something to record the master...
I mean, are you using your computer as a "dumb" hard disk recorder (sending all the tracks out individually from the computer's interface) and performing the mix *on the mixer* to utilize its functionality and routing to outboard units?

In short, what are you using the mixer for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back