After High School plans...

point3god

I'm a high school student living in Oregon. I wanna be sucessful doing what I love to do (recording/producing). I was wondering what schools you all would recommend in the Southern California area. I have looked at SAE, but noticed that it might be a little pricy for me. Also, how much opportunity is there really for me if i make it through? Any advice would help

earning money with music is one of the most difficult things you can do. don't get me wrong, but the only few guys i know doing that are hardcore workaholics (and i really mean HARDCORE). and they have financial problems all the time.

a special "music/production/recording" school is not very important, the most important things are:

-get all books you can get about "music/prod/rec", and read them all.

-never stop learning and practicing.

-millions want to earn money around music but only ~3000 full-time persons are really needed by the industry. worldwide. you need to be damn good or you have no chances at all.

-and now the most important and difficult thing: contacts. you need to know everyone in the business, and they should know YOU.

-and you need to be very tough in business affairs or you will always get ripped.

-and think about the future, are you paying for music?????? where should the money come??????

but hey, everything is possible and i wish you get what you want. never give up, but don't be too sure. listen what your (and my) mum always says: "do what you want, but get a real job"

If it helps, im going to a regular 4 year college to get a degree in something useful to fall back on, and then once I graduate im going to a producing school.

Something to think about?

whats up... im a highschool senior ir oregon too. im about to go to eugene next year and just keep doing this producing thing on the side. its a pretty hard buisness to break into.

one thing that can really help is some exerience. try to get an internship, a job at a studio, somthing.

where you at?

DJ Deflation said:
If it helps, im going to a regular 4 year college to get a degree in something useful to fall back on, and then once I graduate im going to a producing school.

Something to think about?

I thought I could do that but never had the money.

I would get a good career thay pays well, then do all of this on the side. I wanted to go to music produtioc school but personaly its not stable enough for me to get into. I plan on getting a degree in business and then do all of the producing on the side.

Don't forget you can always make a great living off Local Talent even if they don't blow up you can make a good living right off the locals.

Back