ableton live question

garyjones42

Hey guys, just switched from logic pro x to ableton! Theres one thing that has been bugging me. When i loop a region, lets say 4 bars, and i edit some notes, i will press the space bar to play it back from the beginning of the loop, but it will play from wherever i last clicked. In logic, no matter what, it will start at the beginning of the loop when i press space. Here in ableton, when im editing notes or doing anything in arrangement view, it will put a marker there and when i press space it will start from there, and not the loop. I have done some research and some people said right click and "start song here" but i dont want to do that each time i move the loop bar. I just want to be able to play the beginning of my loop each time i hit space, instead of where i last clicked in the arrangement screen. Is there any work arounds for this, or is it something i just have to get used to. Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure on this, but fairly sure that that exact functionality doesn't exist - there are obviously lots of shortcuts that deal with the looping functionality, and the playhead always moves to the loop start when you move or click the loop braces, but as for always forcing the playback to start from the loop start...can't think of anything.

Back