44.1Hz VS 96Hz?????

Mteezy

I just played some tracks from All Eyez On Me in Samplitude v9 and upconverted them to 96Hz and wow, the difference is night and day to my ears. Tupac's vocals and background harmonies were so clear that I almost thought I was in the studio with em. The presence of the sound is crazy. Has anybody else did this and hear a remarkable difference in the sound?

Double_Negative.jpg

Mteezy said:
Yeah, it's called "Resampling", Duh

So you took a full Wav file, converted it into an mp3 file, then re-rendered it into another mp3...just with a higher sample rate...and heard a difference in quality?

In case u bruthas don't know, Samplitude isn't like no other software out there. It's easily the best, besides Sequoia which is the higher grade version. If your Daw can't do this, then don't comment.

No, I took the mp3 that was 44.1 hz and resampled it to 96hz. The clarity and presence difference between the two files were crazy. Try it. If your DAW cant do this or does it but makes it sound shytty then I can't help you determine the sound difference.

Last edited:
Mteezy said:
No, I took the mp3 that was 44.1 hz and resampled it to 96hz. The clarity and presence between the two files were crazy. Try it. If your DAW cant do this or does it but makes it sound shytty then I can't help you determine the sound difference.

You shouldn't hear any difference. You can't upgrade the original bit depth or sample rate.

Don't get me wrong. It made the track on All Eyez On Me sound incredible when I did the test. I tried doing it on Chopper City in the Ghetto and it didn't do the same justice like it did for All Eyez On Me.

And I know people say u shouldn't hear any difference, but sorry my ears don't lie. Do the test for urself, preferrably using Samplitude not FL Studio.

Last edited:
Mteezy said:
Don't get me wrong. It made the track on All Eyez On Me sound incredible when I did the test. I tried doing it on Chopper City in the Ghetto and it didn't do the same justice like it did for All Eyez On Me.

And I know people say u shouldn't hear any difference, but sorry my ears don't lie. Do the test for urself, preferrably using Samplitude not FL Studio.

STOP. You are just embarrassing yourself.

First of all, google the title of this thread. Others have been saying the same thing including many mastering engineers. Like I said, if you don't have Samplitude to test it out, how can u call me stupid or dumb. U dumb asses go by what u read, I go by what I hear.

its like saying take a photo with a 1m pixel camera - then take a photo of that photo with a 5m pixel camera. The new photo wont show any more detail than the original.

Mteezy said:
First of all, google the title of this thread. Others have been saying the same thing including many mastering engineers. Like I said, if you don't have Samplitude to test it out, how can u call me stupid or dumb. U dumb asses go by what u read, I go by what I hear.

Recording at a higher bit depth and sample rate will give you a more accurate reproduction of the sound you are recording. FX Processing at higher sample rates and bit depths will be more detailed. Taking an audio source that is originally 16 bit 44100hz and converting it to a higher sample rate will do what? Give you a more accurate 16 bit 44100hz recording? YOU SHOULD HEAR NO DIFFERENCE. Now stop insulting everyone and read a little more on this.

Like I said. I did this to track on All Eyez On Me and the to Chopper City in the Ghetto. It made the tracks on All Eyez On Me sound better. The vocals, background harmonies, snare, and everything else cut through the mix so loud and clear it really shocked me. I did the same thing to Chopper City in the Ghetto and it didn't do nuthing. The people who mixed All Eyez On Me are the best in the business, period. Look it up. Maybe that got something to do wit it.

Back