$1000 Studio Monitors

joliveirashs

What would you recommend, to be used for just mixing down production. Anything in that price range, and if something above that price is worth saving that little extra let me know please. Thanks for the help.

Used Dynaudio BM15P's and a good amp would probably run you a little over $1000...

Used Genelecs...

Don't ignore the used market - If you're willing to part with $1k, you're obviously looking for something that's a step up from what you're going to find at the GC on the corner. That's a good thing, so look (and listen) carefully at what's out there.

where are you about, i know a ton of places here in the UK for good deals on used gear i can link you too though its not too handy if you are in the USA.

what are you using just now to work on now? it may help offer some better suggestions.
the issue with monitors is that they are a very personal thing and you really need to try them out, in your room if possible, to see what works for you and what you like to work with.
having a look second hand and new should give you a good idea of whats about in your price range.
you should try to get some demos in to test out and take it from there.

id say PMC TB2S+ and a good amp would be better than the dynaudio's. i wasnt too impressed with the 15s when i heard them though many people do seem to put them to good use.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm another TB2S dude, although I do rate the BM6A too, in this budget of course.

However, for that budget, have a look at the BlueSky systems.
They come with sub and are active and fit the budget and many rave about them.

I like the Quested F11. They are perhaps underrated but very very accurate.

Otherwise I double the suggestions about second hand. I bought music gear on ebay a few times and never had a problem, even across the pond. I only bought from sellers that have a few hundred reviews and at least 95% positive. Maybe I was just lucky but ebay is generally not as bad for studio gear as it may seem.

Back