Youtube Videos

graceboi

Hey guys, I would love to make some youtube videos for myself and fans playing on the keyboard. I have a low budget still cybershot camera, I don't know if it's capable capturing quality audio, of course I want quality audio, not the onboard sound card.. I want direct audio..eliminate all the background noises. I have an decent audio interface that I'm going to use. Can somebody help me how to get this started? This is my camera.

Sony eSupport - DSC-P200 - Support

Last edited:
What's the issue? That's a nice camera go ahead with that.

Do you ever try to make a video before with your specified camera ? If yes then share that video so that we could check its result and would guide you in a more appropriate manner.

Well, if you want quality audio you won't get it with that camera for sure. I'd make an extra investment in a Zoom H4n audio recorder. You can place it close to the music source and record with the recorder's internal microphones. You'd be recording audio separately and then syncing in post. My 0.02$...

Record the audio to your DAW or a good audio recording device and edit the soundtrack in afterwards through video editing software.
Start off doing a handclap in front of the camera (and audio record it) for easier sync.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses. I have do have a question. My camera doesn't have an audio output jack to my computer. Will that required? I've seen some people on youtube who were able to capture quality audio. Did they do it through this way?

I suspect they're just syncing with the recorded audio instead of the internal mic on the camera?

I will give this a try and see if I'm able to align them together. Inside daw, I will just turn on the metronome and starting counting until i feel comfortable ready to play the keyboard. I guess I have to press the record on the camera first before counting. I'll be back later.

Back