Youtube Beat Videos?

wavygrvy

Hey guys I see a lot of beat makers on youtube that use music videos but edited in their own way for their beats on youtube. Is this even legal? I have heard you will get flagged and the video will be removed.. also can I use just random footage of the rapper like behind the scenes or a day in the life of, type video for my youtube beat videos? is that ok to use?

Youtube actually handles that automatically.

The company the video is from decides what happens to it when youtube's automated verification thing happens.
Images and stuff are no issue but some times videos do get run through of there's already the same footage of course unedited.

Most of the time companies do not care :p but in the rare case they do, then it'd be up to you to dispute such a thing. [Can't do no profit thing tho of course if the video was made not by you]

Oh ok I see, so if i do edit the video it its fine? like add fx and change ups glitches etc?

Youtube actually handles that automatically.

The company the video is from decides what happens to it when youtube's automated verification thing happens.
Images and stuff are no issue but some times videos do get run through of there's already the same footage of course unedited.

Most of the time companies do not care :p but in the rare case they do, then it'd be up to you to dispute such a thing. [Can't do no profit thing tho of course if the video was made not by you]

Although I'm not much of a video editor, just think of it like say, sampling audio.
Only visual.

The companies still have total control over the little details tho like what countries can see it etc.
The algorithm will pick up similar cues to pinpoint another one and either link it to the original source, block certain countries[or all of em] or outright remove the video.
Or youtube just gives the ad revenue[even if not enabled] to that company IF company decides upon that. "have ads placed on video" etc.

I notice a lot of ppl when they do it add little lighting effects, have the name of the song in the middle the whole time and shit so i guess youtube doesn't detect it because i tried it with 2 videos but i just had the name come up in the beginning then disappear and let the video play out and they got tookin down in about an hour

Ehm I'm pretty sure it is never okay in legal sense to use video footage you don't have rights to use. Adding some effects on the video doesn't change anything, it's still someone else's footage. BUT like KonKoss said before, the publishers don't necessarily care that much and they have their systems to detect stuff like this if they want to. Basically if you are willing to take the risk of your video taken down and your moral inner self doesn't object, then go ahead. Still not okay, but most likely it really doesn't hurt nobody. :D

I've used artists music video footage before and had no problems with it, but i did edit the video clips and rearranged the order and so on to match the beat.

can anyone recommend a simple video editor to add these kind of effects? Not something heavycause my laptop is old and most probably wont be able to run it... Thanks

Back