what tools do i need to make a video game video trailer or short video?

dmajor100

trying to move into video and epic music and what to do some top notch videos as a forum of promotion as well as showing off my music ability. My knowledge of exact scores are very limited in fact i lean on the hip and dub step side of things but i am still learning and socking up musical ideas. I would like to know what software is great for creating videos as the one i have posted below. Any other resources on making this kinda stuff would help also like ripping movies for my own creation and other software ideas like making my own graphics for introduction to my music.

Try Adobe After Effects CS5. It's very big within the gaming community and its got just about everything you need. If you want to go a little more hardcore and create you're own everything from scratch try Maxom Cinema 4D but its a very very very complicated program

Last edited:
I was always under the impression that AE was more for making effects and motion graphics than straight video editing. It's more akin to an audio editor like Audition, Soundforge, etc than a fuly fledged DAW like Pro Tools, Logic, etc. I believe you need a video daw (NLE) like Final Cut, Premiere, Vegas, etc to do video editing in the easiest way.

blender (for 3d work) or poser or anime studio or manga studio

tie it with adobe premiere and AE for the actual fx and edting

If you want to create 3D character animation the best software is Maya or SoftImage 3D

After Effects is a 2D based graphics software but has simulation 3D and great for typography animation and 2D illustration.

Good luck

Back