'*' What programs do you use for MV making?

If you mean pro editing, there are two good options: final cut and premiere pro cs3. Vegas is also good, but I don´t use it too much to give you my advice about it. If you mean semi-pro, there are lots of options, including the pinnacle studio suites. Those are easier to use and learn, but limited in functions. All depends in what you need.

my main tools are final cut express 4.0, adobe after effects cs3. i have sony vegas but haven't really dabbled with it. Does imovie HD count?...LOL

I use Premiere. I love it. I used to be an avid filmer, I kinda know a lot, so hit me up in you need anything.

on my part i use vegas7,8, and after effexts.. you cannot get just using 1 software you have to learn to mix diffenrent suites and type of effects it has to offer.. soory about the typing my keyboard i mess up

Adobe Premiere CS2 and Adobe After Effects CS3.

I just need to find a good DVD authoring application. I didn't like Adobe Encore too much, but maybe I didn't give it much of a chance. Any suggestions?

LevLover said:
Windows movie maker 2! Hell yea.

LOL. THAT'S ABOUT HOW FAR I'VE GOTTEN INTO MUSIC VIDEO PRODUCING. THOUGH I DID TRY OUT SONY VEGAS 7 FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. I NEVER REALLY SAT DOWN TO TRULY LEARN ITS FUNCTIONS AND I HAVEN'T REALLY FILMED ANYTHING SINCE THEN. I'M PUTTING TOGETHER AN ALBUM FOR NEXT YEAR AND I'M PLANNING ON MAYBE SHOOTING SOME VIDEOS FOR THE ALBUM. MAYBE EVEN JUST PROMO VIDS. I WANT TO GET A DELL, BUT I WANT TO USE FINAL CUT WHICH I'VE HEARD IS ONE OF THE BEST. SO I'M CONTEMPLATING ON GETTING A MAC AND JUST RUNNING BOOTCAMP FOR MY WINDOWS NEEDS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OPINIONS ON WHICH IS BETTER FOR VIDEO EDITING. PC OR MAC. IF SO, WHY. NOT THE USUAL MACS RUN SMOOTHER, MACS DON'T CRASH, ETC. SOME SOLID ANSWERS ABOUT SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE IN EACH PLATFORM THAT I CAN USE TO MAKE UP MY MIND IN WHICH I WILL GET. :monkey:

G-dub~Sacramento said:
LOL. THAT'S ABOUT HOW FAR I'VE GOTTEN INTO MUSIC VIDEO PRODUCING. THOUGH I DID TRY OUT SONY VEGAS 7 FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. I NEVER REALLY SAT DOWN TO TRULY LEARN ITS FUNCTIONS AND I HAVEN'T REALLY FILMED ANYTHING SINCE THEN. I'M PUTTING TOGETHER AN ALBUM FOR NEXT YEAR AND I'M PLANNING ON MAYBE SHOOTING SOME VIDEOS FOR THE ALBUM. MAYBE EVEN JUST PROMO VIDS. I WANT TO GET A DELL, BUT I WANT TO USE FINAL CUT WHICH I'VE HEARD IS ONE OF THE BEST. SO I'M CONTEMPLATING ON GETTING A MAC AND JUST RUNNING BOOTCAMP FOR MY WINDOWS NEEDS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OPINIONS ON WHICH IS BETTER FOR VIDEO EDITING. PC OR MAC. IF SO, WHY. NOT THE USUAL MACS RUN SMOOTHER, MACS DON'T CRASH, ETC. SOME SOLID ANSWERS ABOUT SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE IN EACH PLATFORM THAT I CAN USE TO MAKE UP MY MIND IN WHICH I WILL GET. :monkey:
vegas is pretty cool, if you've used sony acid, it looks just like it, just with video. as for the mac pc thing, honestly, it's whateva you want to use, but if u plan to get in the industry, most people use macs and final cut pro. adobe has some great offerings and get the job done, but honestly, use whatever you think is easiest if your not worried about compatability/portability.
LevLove

My dad uses Vegas 8. He loves that program to death... It's pretty cool, but I've always preferred Adobe Premier... been using it for years.

Aside from that, when I got my last Mac I found a copy of shake but that program has a steeper learning curve than Logic!

LevLover said:
vegas is pretty cool, if you've used sony acid, it looks just like it, just with video. as for the mac pc thing, honestly, it's whateva you want to use, but if u plan to get in the industry, most people use macs and final cut pro. adobe has some great offerings and get the job done, but honestly, use whatever you think is easiest if your not worried about compatability/portability.
LevLove

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.

I use now Vegas Pro. I've worked on Final Cut which worked well and tried Avid as well, it was also pretty solid. I also tried Pinnacle Studio, which is full of bugs and slows down the whole editing process in general and also the features are more geared toward the casual consumer. I wouldn't recommend Pinnacle to anyone who takes editing seriously. Since I've switched to Vegas Pro, my process is so much cleaner and glitch free now.

Last edited:
Back