What program do you use

th3ory

im looking into making my 1st music video....what is the best program to use for pc...i have sony vegas 10....what do you use? what do you suggest...also you can add tips as well as id like to see some of your videos

For somethin simple, I just use Windows Movie maker, for anything else I use Adobe Premier. What sucks is I spend all my time learning new VSTs and stuff in FL, so I don't really have time to learn Premeir very well.

i use vegas9 along with after effect cs4,see some of my trailers at my web( " my music+mv"),if you like to do lot of CG fx.

Last edited:
Don't get Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD (it only lets you use up to 2 video tracks). Other editors let you use unlimited video tracks

Just use Vegas. It's right there in front of you. We all have our favorite apps and you will too soon enough. Don't himhaw around tho. Tear into it, man.

Dont overlook After Effects. When paired with Premiere they make a dynamic duo. But After Effects is great by itself as well. There is definitely room for plenty of creative expression. Check the After Effects projects on videohive.com to get an idea of what you can do. Plenty of great plugins too. Look at Boris Continuum. Good luck with your projects.

Try Premiere - it's a steeper learning curve, but you'll learn much more.

And check out videocopilot.net for awesome After Effects tutorials

Sony Vegas... It was easy to learn the basics because i've used Sony acid pro for many years and the lay out is the same..

for those who use sony vegas...is it normal for hd clips to lag...i really cant see what im editing because it goes slow,and i havent even added any audio to it

Final Cut Pro for Mac but I hate it really because it always confronts me with problems. E.g. can't render a frame or whatever. I prefer to use Adobe Premier Pro on my PC

Back