what is everyone using for project settings in music videos?

HARDNOX

Curious, seeing a lot of awesome videos on here, what is everyone using and what project settings? I just did a 1080p in 60fps in a 60fps project in Final Cut Pro X, and was pleased with the results, although a lot of people use the "film" look 24fps, the 60fps worked great cuz we did a lot of slow motion. look forward to responses!

Jimbo

I think it depends mostly on what you aim your result to be, and where you expect people to watch it (resolution-wise mostly).
The frame-rate is a good one though. I also wonder... :-/

look forward to responses!

Curious, seeing a lot of awesome videos on here, what is everyone using and what project settings? I just did a 1080p in 60fps in a 60fps project in Final Cut Pro X, and was pleased with the results, although a lot of people use the "film" look 24fps, the 60fps worked great cuz we did a lot of slow motion. look forward to responses!

I use the same settings you use. When doing slow mo I shoot 60fps otherwise 30fps and export everything at 24fps.

I use the same settings you use. When doing slow mo I shoot 60fps otherwise 30fps and export everything at 24fps.

Hey man,

Something really important I want to let you know. If you film at 30fps but export at 24fps, you don't actually get a proper "24fps look", or conversion, because of the way those numbers divide. If you've been doing that, then your videos are actually slightly more jerky looking then regular 24fps film look.

If you want a 24fps look, you must also film at 24fps, and export at the same fps. You can also film at 48 fps and convert down to 24, or go from 60 down to 30. As long as the numbers are even.

If you search up "Shooting 30p and exporting in 24 = Bad Idea" on YouTube, you will see a video or a few explaining how it doesn't work.

Back