What do you film with?

tinycomet

I'm curious to find out what everyone here films with. I'm a video producer/editor/colorist/etc, and I switched from DSLR to a RED Epic (bought it used from eBay - I'm broke and had to sell a LOT of things to get it haha). Absolutely loving the RAW format of a RED, especially when I get to color grade in Davinci Resolve

Last edited:
Thats well worth the switch, I'm currently saving up and lookkng around the house for things to sell. The DSLR is nice and gets the job done, but I feel like the step you made is what separates your production from the others

Thats well worth the switch, I'm currently saving up and lookkng around the house for things to sell. The DSLR is nice and gets the job done, but I feel like the step you made is what separates your production from the others

So true, although as older REDs and Arris and even Canon Cinema cameras (like the C300) become less and less expensive (you can get a RED One for crazy cheap, or a RED Scarlet MX for not much more, or a C300 for the cost of a DSLR), the true filmic look willl become increasingly democratized as well.

I still think that in the end, story has always been and will always be king. People with iPhones are proving this by getting into Sundance with their movies.

Back