Video Production - Noob!

subdream

I'm interested in getting into video production. I'm a mac user so I'm gonna get Final Cut Pro. Anyone here any ideas on a camera and what you need to spend?

---------- Post added 08-19-2011 at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-17-2011 at 04:11 AM ----------

Welcome Noob, a good starter camera should set you back around...

Recommended sites include

Thats all I'm looking for folks ;)

---------- Post added 08-22-2011 at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-19-2011 at 05:36 AM ----------

Jaysus...

Final Cut Pro is pretty good software. If you're looking for a camera it depends on what you want, if you're looking in the lower price range with higher quality or the best quality in a higher price range. You can find some decent handycams for $100-200, whereas the more expensive cameras like the canon XH is much higher quality but costs closer to $2000+. It also depends on what you want to record onto, if you're using tapes, sd card, dvd, etc. SD card is usually the lowest quality recordings, but with tapes you have to import in the footage each time you go to edit which takes a while plus the right cords to plug it into the computer.

Cheers for the reply, I've managed to get a lend of a camera from work. Its an SD card one but if I got to buy the tape thing is good to know! Gonna get shooting some stuff at the weekend, thanks!

Back