Video editing software recommendation

use an NLE and not vfx editor -

best for beginners is Vegas, FCP, Premiere which are NLEs and you'll soon see that each operates like the next. similar to music editing software

avoid after effects, hitfilm, etc cause theyre for spcl efx and offer way more than NLE presets

In some video production rooms in nyc, I observe 3 main applications: FCPX, After Effects, and Cinema 4D. They use Cinema 4D to setup 3D props for compositing, After Effects for the compositing (not composing) processes, and then FCPX on final cut for camera transitions, color correction and final render.

Last edited:
Hello,
Thank you for the sharing this software I search this software many places but nit found but here are the available.

Definitely Sony Vegas & After Effects!

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Sony Vegas & After Effects are my go to guys.

Best video editing software

I use premiere pro CS4 Its not that stable but always get the job done!! It also works flawlessly with After Effects. Check out some music videos I have done...brannustudios.com

Now-a-days, We have a collection of multi branded video editing software's. Most of them are need to cut/split/trim/clip a large video files into small segments, merge/combine/join many files into one single file and versatile editing functions. Please produce some more attachments about the topic for view detail information.

I have been using Vegas since version 1.0 (back when Sonic Foundry was at the helm), and maybe I am biased but Vegas is the best video editing platform I have seen. I have worked with FCP, Adobe Premier, AVID, iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle, and many others, and have to say I prefer Vegas over these. Two reasons:

1. It can be used by the novice user.
2. It can be used by the professional as well.

This platform covers both areas really well. If you are just starting out, Vegas is quick to get in, load up clips, move them around, copy, paste, etc. With its non-destructive editing, it makes it even easier knock something out fairy simple and efficient.

Now if you are a professional, you can load up your clips and do the more advanced editing as well. Key framing, velocity envelopes, being able to treat audio and video clips like "rubber", transitions, fades, and even burning projects right out of the timeline make it nice for professionals to produce high quality work.

I highly recommend Vegas for anyone editing video or even audio. It has, is and will be the number one weapon in my arsenal for multi-media production. Viva Vegas!!!

Last edited:
Sony Vegas Pro!!!! It is easy as helK to me. And straight to it! I think I can teach my kid this now and it'll be a snitch in a year for here. So imagine 10 years from now! I made my second official video with youtube training video tutorials to my liking with a lot of rendering out to see mistakes in hd, only to go back and fix mistakes and glitches.
There is a lot of tutorials these days to teach yourself anything!
search fp for my post to check my video out i just made! "Add Me So Potent Ent Official Music Video!"

As many others say; I'd stick with Sony Vegas.
I've been working with it for about 2 years. Not a pro nor a newbie but it's really good for beginners. Easy to understand :)
Search for tutorials on YouTube and you'll find out all that you need to know.

Sony vegas would be my choice definitely, even though there are some better choices out there considering all the special effects and shit, but it's simply easy to use & has everything you need to make a great video.

My team is doing an online youtube competition to stand a chance to win Sony Vegas Pro 11. My account is new thus I can't post links yet. Once I can I shall share it here. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Back