Video editing software recommendation

Sony vegas has a trial that they offer...... i use vegas 9.... vegas 10 is choppy on my pc but they defiantly made leaps over the last few versions... i think sonyvegas 11 is out now.... very user friendly... but if you wanna go crazy on the effect which you can on vegas... you may want to look around... however... i havent looked at vegas 11...

If you are on OSX... FCP X is nice. I've edited in Premiere Pro CS5, FCP 7, and honestly the workflow on FCPX is awesome. Especially if you haven't been tainted with other NLE workflows yet.

It does depend on what you want to do with editing software. You can download the free trial of Camtasia Studio for 30 days and give that a try, I had a go with it, but ended up going back to WMM. It was just easier for me.

Vegas is easy to pick up, gives you great ability to manipulate audio also, and will give you a great start if you intend to move to more powerful software.

Adobe Suite (Premier) , it may seem difficult at first but once you get the hang of it its golden, you can also integrate After Effects or Photoshop into your projects with ease

I also started on vegas and eventually jumped around to adobe premiere, but i've heard FCP is the one of the best around and not to difficult to learn.

Final Cut Pro is awesome, I am a beginner at video editing and managed to edit the whole thing with no help!

Anything you want to do takes about 20 mins to work out. Really simple

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

of course its only for mac though!

i use premiere pro..but started on windows movie maker then vegas...vegas and premiere have plenty tutorials that make it easy to learn

Another vote for Vegas. That's how I did my video at YouTube, "Not Giving Up On Love" featuring Brittany Miller.
- DreamBliss

Spent years editing on Avid and Final Cut, recently switched over to Premiere and honestly its great to use, especially if you're ever wanting to incorporate some After Effects into your workflow.

Back