Video editing program

DJ-Renroc

I've been wanting to get a decent quality video editing program for a while but really have very little knowledge on the subject. I've always used windows movie maker to edit videos but I'd like something a bit more advanced, something with more options and flexability. I was hoping people could offer some advice.

Also does anyone know of a program that could emulate the edits found in this video from around 42 seconds to a minute. Like I said I know very little about what options are out there so all the info you can give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I've been wanting to get a decent quality video editing program for a while but really have very little knowledge on the subject. I've always used windows movie maker to edit videos but I'd like something a bit more advanced, something with more options and flexability. I was hoping people could offer some advice.

Adobe Premiere
Adobe After Effects
Final cut

Also does anyone know of a program that could emulate the edits found in this video from around 42 seconds to a minute. Like I said I know very little about what options are out there so all the info you can give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Um, what video????????

Premiere
Final Cut
Vegas

Will all do that style of editing. It's called Picture in Picture (PiP) editing. read the manuals to learn how to do it exactly.

i will definitly say adobe premier but if your goin to invest money and time and learning i hope u have a good camera cause jus because u have a good editing program doesnt mean your final product will come out good or proffesional quality image quality is 75% of the battle

Today, whatever you are comfy with will do fine. Heck, FCP adopted iMovie's code. Avid has stapped backward for a decade and is still a heavy hitter. Premiere has done nothing but grown and will only continue to do so. Vegas has more freakin audio controls than my sic figure NLE. lol Clients no longer ask what NLE you are using. They know you can make whatever they want in a few days no matter what your tool of choice is.

Id suggest using Adobe after effects for special effects and grading, then taking the footage over to Sony vegas as it is extremely user friendly, that way you can easily arrange your footage and export it to an HD format without hassle!

If you're using a Mac, wait a few weeks and check out Final Cut X. It's coming out sometime this month (and will be $300 instead of $1000). Otherwise, Premiere or Vegas is the way to go. I have experience in FCP and Vegas, but not too much in Premiere. It is a bit more of a "professional" application in my opinion. Vegas has some strange quirks that I'm not a fan of. Premiere also natively edits H.264 (DSLR footage) and integrates well with After Effects. It's compatible with Mac and PC.

Also, edit before you do any color grading or special effects. It's never a good idea to apply effects to a clip when you might not even use that clip in the final edit. And every time you re-encode a video file you lose a bit of its quality.

An entry level version of Sony Vegas -- powerful but essier to use than some of the bog packages (and cheaper too)

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Avoid premiere elements though

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Magix Movie Edit Pro is also powerful and cheap, though takes a bit of getting used to

The cheapest way to get professional tools right now is probably Adobe Creative Cloud. You get a monthly pass for Premiere and After Effects for pretty cheap. Or, you can buy CS6 Production Premium.

Last edited:
Use Adope Premier. It works great. Here are some examples below of my production company using Adobe Premier as our main editing program for "Feel The Bass".

The best video editing program for me is adobe after effects gives you to create motion of graphics and visual effects that produce quality video and gives uniqueness of the video. Unlike other video editing program you can choose different selection to make your video nice.

Back