Video editing program

Hello. Different people use different programs to edit videos. You don't know very much about video editing software and you just have used windows movie maker. Some people love to use Sony Vega movie editing environment due to some great animations and transitions. I personally like adobe premier, adobe after effect and final cut.

There are so many video editing programs available in the market which are different according to their look, styles, transitions etc. I initially use Windows Movie Maker then I move to Ulead movie studio. Now the best video editing soft-wares are Sony Vegas and abode premiere.

I've found adobe premiere to be a great software to use.

I've been looking for something for something better for a long time. I've been using Camtasia Studio 8 but it doesn't have that many features.

A free editing software exist for few time only say about a month or two. However, one needs to buy the latest version for having permanent editing solution.

Final Cut Pro X is pretty approachable but like all professional editing software there is always a learning curve behind it. Some people swear by Adobe Premiere and it seems like some more advanced actions are streamlined in that software but in our opinion Final Cut is a great program and a good start

I'd definitely recommend Adobe Premeire because if you're serious about getting into editing you're also going to want to know how to make decent graphics and motion graphics for the videos and that means using photoshop and after effects. Obviously they're all made by adobe and so they're all set-up and feel very similar to each other. So if you learn how to use premiere now, or if you already know a bit about other adobe programs, it's not going to be like learning a whole new piece of software again when you need to start learning how to do more advanced things, and then it's very easy to switch between all the programs when editing and obviously they all communicate perfectly to each other. Good luck!

There is completely no doubt that Vegas is better video editing program than others. I have been using it from quite some time. It has amazing editing features and audio controls that surely reflect the mind of a viewer.

I hated FCPX when it first came out but because thats what we use at school I was forced to learn it and im thankful because its really pretty awesome! Its different than any other pro editing software but its worth learning. Its way more efficient than anything ive used before. I use it for music videos and I also own premiere but now I never use it because it takes so long to render and my system only has 4gb of ram so it lags like a mofo...FCPX doesnt lag one bit and it renders faster than anything ive ever used before. only thing I dont really like is the plug ins that comes with it are kind of bland but there are plenty of after market plugins that are awesome.

Final Cut Pro X is good and cheap - you can find a free 30 day trial on Apple's website (would post the link but I am new to this forum so can't post links yet :-)
Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects for graphics

But remember that Final Cut Pro X contains a lot of feature downgrades from the previous version, mostly to appeal to the consumer/home market rather than the pro market - this would be fine if they had actually not named it PRO

as a result I prefer to recommend Premiere or Vegas

Last edited:
I totally agree that Final Cut X is for the pro-sumer market and I usually use Final Cut 7, particularly if you are dealing with multiple track of audio.

Final Cut Pro X is usable and you can get professional results from it. There are features people are saying it doesn't have that were in a patch they put like a few months after it launched years ago. It's also extremely inexpensive compared to others.

Personally, I hate it because I learned editing in a way that FCPX completely abandoned but if you're coming in fresh, it'll probably be fine.

Also, there was no Final Cut 9. I think it's fair to question how much someone actually knows about FCP and its pros/cons when they bring up fictional releases.

Back