syncing image and sound

arjenvdm

What is a good and cost effective way of syncing image and sound in music video production? I work with a dslr. I use Premiere Pro cs 6, but that does not seem to do it. Which program on pc is recommended?

There are programs, but it is often more effective (and cost-effective) to do it by hand, in whichever NLE video program you are working in.

Are you talking about syncing dialogue, sound effects and foley for film, or action and music/vocals in music videos?

GJ

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. I am talking about action and music/vocals in music videos. Syncing dialogue is easily done by clapping in front of the lens for every shot.

And that's basically what you have to do to sync a music track with a music video-- give yourself an a/v cue of some kind that you can line-up in your time-line. Sometimes you have to painstakingly slip things around a bit "by hand" until everything lines up satisfactorily, and sound and video will "drift" after awhile, so you have to re-sync periodically.

Alternatively, there are programs like "Plural Eyes," but they are not foolproof, and you will still have to intervene once in awhile:
https://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes/

GJ

Back