Slow Conversion... What Program Is Fast?

B

biggrome

Most of the programs I've come across take forever to convert a video from .avi to .wmv format.

Does anyone know of any editors that have decent a conversion speed.

Great section Mano! I feel just like I did when I started making music... I know nothing but am willing to learn...

This will help me out with my home videos too...

MadTiger3000 said:
You can save the money you might have spent on Sonics' tickets (haha!) and get this bad boy:

http://www.videotox.com/

Cool, I'll check it out. It's pretty cheap.

I'm originally from VA ... so I have no loyalty to the Seattle teams, lol. The people here care about everything except sports.

Look for the Oklahoma Sonics soon. Some investors from Oklahoma bought the team but I think they're having problems moving them... but eventually they will.

hahahahahhahaha

Oklahoma Sonics?!!!

Oklahoma Rustlers, maybe.

I saw a baseball game in the Kingdome years ago. Only guy who was really amped was this stock broker-looking fool that looked like he had about a few stacks with his bookie on the game.

Last edited:
free: MediaCoder

search for it online... it's a SourceForge project (open source)

there are plug-ins to do device outputs (iPod, Zune, even flash video, etc)

fast? well it really doesn't depend on the program you use... it is all in the CODEC you use, and the processor + RAM your computer has

hope it helps

BTW... you will also need to install a decent CODEC PACK in order to convert or play any format...

I recommend K-LITE CODEC PACK

get any codec pack from free-codecs.com (i think thats the name)

mano 1 said:
BTW... you will also need to install a decent CODEC PACK in order to convert or play any format...

I recommend K-LITE CODEC PACK

get any codec pack from free-codecs.com (i think thats the name)

K-Lite Codec Pack is the truth. It will take you there!

Its been a while since I stumbled across anything to do with K-lite codec pack but I do remember that it took care of just about everything I needed and more, which is sort of good.

Back