Shot new MV on Canon 7D, Simple but effective

BlackMedia

Hey guys, just wanted to get some feedback on this MV we shot over the weekend. Used a canon 7D...couple house lamps for lighting...and shot infront of some soundproofing we have in the studio. What you guys think?

Oh and edited in FCPX

I really enjoyed the contrasting from B&W to lively colour. I preferred the shots of her where the pink was less obviously soundproofing panels (when the depth of field made it unfocused). The song is great and she is really talented. There were a few shots like at 2:25 where you transition between two extremely similar takes which I didn't feel was absolutely necessary (unless you really just wanted a "ghosting" type effect).

Great job! Simple is key sometimes! In this case, it really brought to the forefront the two important elements, her voice and the piano.

Thanks for the feedback jeepz, yeah the shots with the the stronger depth of field were our favorites as well. The 2:25 shot we tried to do without the transition, because your right, it does seem unnecessary. But we had a problem with the footage at the end of the first clip so we had to transition to cover up our technical errors.

Really glad for the feedback, its obvious you have some experience with filming and editing, def appreciate it man

Back