QUestion about Music Videos PLz helppp

Dresta187

Avid Crate Digger
Hello ok so i hav a question about music videos..

how do you film them LOL??

like wen u film and then u edit how are u supposed to make sure the video is playin along with the music like on sync and wat not.. i really would like to know if there is a certain method to filming a music video.. cuz i hav done 1 of my own and it was like a lil ghetto video and the lips were just a tad bit off but how do u get it like perfection.. and I'm using iMovie by the way... I'm sure everyone is familiar with it but yea its not very good its w.e it gets the job done i guess..

plz help

thanks

---------- Post added 08-19-2011 at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-17-2011 at 12:31 AM ----------

helpzzzzz

It really depends. One way of doing it would be to shoot the entire song in a number of locations and then cut between the takes. Record some audio so you can use your ears to decide when you are in sync.

But, to be fair, I've not done any big budget music videos, so far I've done some for instrumental music. There's no way of getting it to be exactly in sync, it will always depend on the performer and your editing skills.

fun show fun show thanks appreciate it.. helps out a lil bit thank you.. i still need peoples knowledge on dis plzz more help would be great :) ha

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-19-2011 at 11:23 AM ----------

swaggaaa

I agree with the other guys. My two cents: I read somewhere that using "variable bit-rate encoding" almost always results in lack of audio syncing to video. I think that may be true of WMV files too. I'm not totally sure. Anyways, there are other codecs and settings to choose from.

One thing I've done to make syncing to the beat easier: most of my tunes are in 80 or 96 or 120 BPM which means that every few seconds, the beat comes around EXACTLY on the same beat as the seconds changing. That's the nice thing about those BPMs. So when I'm in my video editor, everything lines up naturally with the grid lines since I planned it out that way. Also some video editors allow you to enter the exact BPM of your tune to make lining of up the timings more easily.

First off you need to have a boombox or car stereo playing the song loud enough so you can hear it in your video. This allows the artist to sing along and will also allow you to synchronize the video with your song in imovie. Use your ears to sync up the song in the video with your high-quality song in imovie. If the waveform is big enough in your video's audio track, you can simply line up the waves. The easiest way to shoot is to start at the beginning of the song and keep filming all the way through, at each location. That way when you edit you only have to line up each clip once at the beginning, and then cut between them. Otherwise you're going to have to sync each little clip individually and it's going to be a pain.

First off you need to have a boombox or car stereo playing the song loud enough so you can hear it in your video. This allows the artist to sing along and will also allow you to synchronize the video with your song in imovie. Use your ears to sync up the song in the video with your high-quality song in imovie. If the waveform is big enough in your video's audio track, you can simply line up the waves. The easiest way to shoot is to start at the beginning of the song and keep filming all the way through, at each location. That way when you edit you only have to line up each clip once at the beginning, and then cut between them. Otherwise you're going to have to sync each little clip individually and it's going to be a pain.

swag son. thanks G thats helpppppp

Always have a boombox or something playing the music in the background so the artist can be on time with the music.

Back