Newish Video we shot using a 5D and T2i

Cool song, very well done. What kind of glass did you use?

Thx man, we used a 17-40mm L-Lens, and a 70-200mm 2.8L IS lens ... and i believe also the 50mm lens

man so well done

thanks alot .. This one was is a bigger budget video we did, We tend to do alot of guerilla style shooting so it was nice to set this one up a bit,

Artist: N3w Era
Song: Like You
Directed by: Nick Rodrigues and L-trackz (me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmGzpawjuc0

Let me know what ya guys think.. this was a 1 day shooting roughly about 3 hrs of shooting and 3 hrs of setting up and breaking down plus another 3 hrs of coaching and writing.

NICE VID!. Not bad at all. The scene I like the most is the rapper against the sky performance shot I think its called (idk know film terms). Whats a T2i?

t2i is the highend Rebel! its freaking awesome teamed up with a 5d .. We shoot all our slow mo shots on the t2i cus it can shoot at 60p there for provides SMOOTH slow motion. Its the Canon T2i 550D, i mainly use the 17-40m lens on it. The Sky shot i believe we used a dolly for that shot.. .. a dolly made out of pvc and skateboard wheels hahaha

did you need additional Lighting looks like your setup costed about $800 for camera, $800 for 17-40mm L-Lens & for $2,000 for 70-200mm 2.8L IS lens
so at the most 4k

so I'm thinking ppl say you can get a high quality video done for 5k to 10k
is it best to invest in your own equipment as a indie label then pay a video production company
I have Vegas Pro already
it's just practicing shots,lighting ect...I'm thinking good lighting equipment may be another 1k to 2k
so about 6k and ton of time to make a great high qualtity vid you can be proud to have shown on tv
???????????

yeah but ur also forgetting the 5d Mark II, also we used a Crane/jib, A dolly, Pro Tripods/heads, Powerpack, Bose ipod system (clarity helps with syncing) and Final Cut Pro. so really the price skyrockets upwards to the 20-30k range cus cant forget the production van haha .. Yeah Lighting is KEY for that pro look, knowing this we built our own lighting system instead of paying 2k for a lighting kit.

---------- Post added 10-28-2010 at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-26-2010 at 06:31 PM ----------

UPDATE! this video was on Mtvjams yesterday!

Yo L, I like the editing of the video. Say I was to provide my own footage for about a 3 min song, no complicated effects. Just simple slow motion here and there, some chops. How much roughly would it cost?

Back