Newb Lookin For Some Help

SHiFT

SYNAPSE
So I decided to finally make a video for one of my songs. Now I could probably get the footage and I'm a graphic designer by trade but when it comes to videography i'm lost. I'm just hoping to connect with someone who can maybe help me out. Maybe even help me piece it together. I'm in the Pittsburgh area if anyone might be local even. HipHop song. Just hoping someone might be able to help me throw something together. Thanks.

Gave it a read. I have Adobe Premiere i just gotta figure it out i guess lol. My buddy is helping me shoot it (even though hes as novice as I am) and I know what I want my "storyboard" to be, but my issue is transition effects and piecing it together is a good enough fashion that it doesnt look like just jumping around to different video cuts lol

Instead of jump cut transitions, you should try panning towards a dark area until the shot is black. Start the next shot panning from a dark area into the actual shot. Just something to try.

If you want to make your video look more professional, I would stay away from the cheesy transitions most software have. A simple fade could work wonders, besides that, jump cuts are fine. I am also a graphic designer by trade, but I've filmed a few short documentaries and a couple music videos using premiere pro and after effects. the trick is to figuring out your transitions before you shoot, telling a story can also make it easier.

Back