Need feedback and prices

Lucasb11

I made these two music videos (first 2 music videos I've ever done) and I'm just wondering how much money could I just charge for videos like these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LTV-Kuk9Xw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAmHM3uNBGk
(the video's choppy because I exported it wrong but its smooth. He's not a rapper really he just did it for fun for this thing he had to do at his school)

BTW I filmed both videos with the flip so it's not really a high end camera (I'm getting a good DSLR in a couple months though)

And also I know I barely got any shots, I've been watching a lot music videos lately to see the production and I know how to do it waay better now

It really depends on what you believe your time is worth. The rule of thumb is $1,000 to $5,000 per finished minute. These prices range from the freshly graduated videography student just coming into the field to the seasoned veteran. Your work has to be exceptional to have people judge your work solely on its quality. The number one question I tend to get is what are you certified in? Do you know how to do effective compositing, color correction, and gamma application (as opposed to just using presets)? What does the client require you to do? What are you editing with? What are you shooting with? Do you have lights and lenses and filters? Do you already own stock footage for B-Roll of the market you serve? For example, Mr. Boomtown has aerials of the major cities' downtown skylines in Texas and add this footage in the videos of that city's artists which is very effective. This adds value to his productions and so that gives him justification in adding to the premium aspect of his pricing structure. He spends money on helicopter chartering to get this footage and if you want it in you video, it cost X amount of dollars... How long does it take you to finish it from pre-production to delivery? All of these questions and more have to be answered first.

Last edited:
nice. Watch your lighting. Great lens use.
Price? Depends on the negotiation, of course. I've made music videos for a grand and I've done em for six figures. It revolves arounf the client, their needs, and their budget. Only you can determine that as nobody else knows your situation, needs, worth, or overhead.

also i would like to know what i can do compositionally since its a pretty big frame with a relatively smaller character.... maybe add more stuff or get the clouds and all to work for the composition ???

Back