My first official music video (directed, shot, and edited by me)

skbestway

www . youtube . com/ watch?v=nnNa1m1OZwI

This is the music video I shot and edited a couple days ago. I wanted to see what you guys think! Thanks!

Kid Magic- "Alone"

Feedback will be returned if you post a link! Thanks again

-SK/Jake

First of all, I love the song! I have some inputs to the song too :) Lets take them first:
Add a soaring pop chorus. I will be a monsterhit with a soaring hooky great pop chorus.
Add a noise gate to the boomy kickdrum and snap off the reverbboom on it after some fractions of a second. I like the idea of booming the kick but this is overdone, leading to listening fatique. But the song itself and the video was so good that I had no problem hanging in.
Also, less reverb on snare will make it more contemporary-sounding.

The Video. Great idea/shooting. HEre is my 2 cents:
Start the music with the intro pictures (together) and cut down the clipping speed of the intro. People dont need 30 sec no-music intros to get the point. Kill your darlings, if you know what I mean.
More pictures, more clippingspeed, faster fadeoutin transitions.
Other than that, add more scenes from the car suddenly while u are faceshotting him inside against that white wall. Cross clipping like that from one scene to another and back can be powerful if clipped in a good way.
Else; I love it. The song is good, his voice is interesting and his appearance on the screen is good.

Keep it up.

Last edited:
Thanks man! Feedback is greatly appreciated!!! I'm mostly an audio guy but I'm dipping into video now! I didn't actually produce the song but your input on the music itself was very good! And thanks a lot for the input on the video! It's hard seeing that kind of stuff when you've spent so much time on something! That's why I put it on here! I will make sure to take in some of your advice when I shoot my next one! Thanks again!

Yo this is a very well directed and edited video my dude! Man I love the transitions and the effects you used during the video. Your talented. Come check out my vids too

Back