Music video lip syncing continuity question

pepelepew040

Hello all!

I'm working on my first music video with several other more experienced folks and we've come to a question we're having a difficult time answering. In our video there will be a band sequence (in which we have shots of the band performing the song in a bar) and as well as a narrative sequence (in which the singer will be involved in a sort of storyline pertaining to the song). The singer will obviously be singing in the bar sequence; however, should he also be singing through the narrative sequence? There won't be very many busy/action shots, although there is a faster paced car chase scene at the end in which he wouldn't be singing. Would it be bizarre to have him singing in only some of the narrative scenes but not others?

I understand it may be difficult to answer without knowing more specifics about the video, but any input is tremendously helpful!

Thanks!

John

Last edited:
what is your intention in the narrative scenes to tell a story or sell the lyric? your answer to that question is the answer you want for this

don't forget to use a playback system during the recording of the band scenes and make sure that you record that to the video at the same time - you will use this to synchronise the video to the actual master audio track during editing

Back