Making a music video!

KiddMike11

Hey!

My friends and I want to shoot a music video this summer. We are looking for directors, producers, editors, and anything else need for video production! We prefer you to be in the Orlando, Ocala, Gainsville, Tampa area because its close to where we all live. However, if you are willing to come from wherever you live, we appreciate that. We want to form a partnership with you, we'll help you get publicity while you help us get publicity. With that being said, we cant afford to pay you $500 for your services. Thank you for the time you took reading this. I hope you're interested and we can work together. If you have any questions contact me on this or at kiddmike11@gmail.com

Thank you!

Twitter: @kiddmikemusic

You should figure out some sort of budget for your project.

When you want quality work, you have to do one of three things . . . . . .

A) Pay the appropriate amount of money for services.

B) Form relationships with real people who you know and can actually network with -not asking strangers on the internet. Those people you know will probably appreciate your music and know who your capabilities and want to get involved.

C) Already have somewhat of a (video or audio) catalouge for the work youre looking to have done for free. If your previous (videos/music) work is that hot, someone might jump in for free after viewing and listening to your stuff.

If not - what you are asking for is that a stranger, use thier talent, equipment and time, to further your career - and can only hope that your plan of promoting them and the song/video "taking off", actualy works.

Thats almost like asking a stranger to give you 5 dollars to buy a few lotto tickets, and in the event you win, youll take care of them. . . . . .

What if you dont win? Do they get there dollar back?
If you do win, would you be willing to share at least 50% with them, even though you never had a contract saying that you would?

Of course not, you would tell them to jump off a cliff, so why should they believe you?

Money Talks.

You might not have much money but if you have a "crew", then you can each scrape up a few dollars even if its extremely low amounts.

***FREE*** is nearly impossible for people to respect,unless they actualy know and respect you on a personal level.

Low Budget is better than No Budget.

Last edited:
You should figure out some sort of budget for your project.

When you want quality work, you have to do one of three things . . . . . .

A) Pay the appropriate amount of money for services.

B) Form relationships with real people who you know and can actually network with -not asking strangers on the internet. Those people you know will probably appreciate your music and know who your capabilities and want to get involved.

C) Already have somewhat of a (video or audio) catalouge for the work youre looking to have done for free. If your previous (videos/music) work is that hot, someone might jump in for free after viewing and listening to your stuff.

If not - what you are asking for is that a stranger, use thier talent, equipment and time, to further your career - and can only hope that your plan of promoting them and the song/video "taking off", actualy works.

Thats almost like asking a stranger to give you 5 dollars to buy a few lotto tickets, and in the event you win, youll take care of them. . . . . .

What if you dont win? Do they get there dollar back?
If you do win, would you be willing to share at least 50% with them, even though you never had a contract saying that you would?

Of course not, you would tell them to jump off a cliff, so why should they believe you?

Money Talks.

You might not have much money but if you have a "crew", then you can each scrape up a few dollars even if its extremely low amounts.

***FREE*** is nearly impossible for people to respect,unless they actualy know and respect you on a personal level.

Low Budget is better than No Budget.

Wise words. I hear what you're saying. I understand people aren't like my friends and I. We are willing to work for free in hopes something good will happen. But most people aren't. What you're saying is truthful stuff but my dilemma is getting the money to begin with. I don't work and neither does my friend. So we have no money to invest. However, I would be willing to pay, if I had the money. I wish I had someone around us that would do it for free but we don't know anyone of that sort. I do receive your advice unfortunately, I cannot do anything about it at this moment. Thank you for taking the time to spread your knowledge and enlighten future artists. I appreciate it! :victory:

No worries.
You're right, within the crew you work together for free, but beyond that, you've got to figure, that anyone related to entertainment (music/video) that they also have a crew of people who want them to provide them with services. Theres simply not enough time, space, opportunity to take care of people they ACTUALY know, and then to take on more by dealing with someone they've met online, with no money involved.

My suggestion to you is to simply learn how to do some of the video work yourself. The shooting part is not that difficult. The magic is done in the editing. So shoot it yourself, and then find someone to edit, and that should save you a fair amount of money. As you continue on, you can learn some editing yourself.

Last edited:
No worries.
You're right, within the crew you work together for free, but beyond that, you've got to figure, that anyone related to entertainment (music/video) that they also have a crew of people who want them to provide them with services. Theres simply not enough time, space, opportunity to take care of people they ACTUALY know, and then to take on more by dealing with someone they've met online, with no money involved.

My suggestion to you is to simply learn how to do some of the video work yourself. The shooting part is not that difficult. The magic is done in the editing. So shoot it yourself, and then find someone to edit, and that should save you a fair amount of money. As you continue on, you can learn some editing yourself.

Well said. Thank you for you input and advice once again. Appreciate it!

Back