Mac with fl studio?

Fahjah

hi i was looking for some opinions. I was thinking on getting a windows laptop to run fl studio on.. but i kind of like macs better so i was wondering if i should just get the mac and run bootcamp. But i don't know how well that works. Should i just get the windows laptop.. i am short on money so that might be the better route anyways and i don't mind them all that much

ya my brothers use logic but i've gotten kind of used to fl studio and i'm not sure i want to spend time on a new program.. also again im thinking that mac will be a little pricey

IF your planning to keep fl studio i think it would be better with a window laptop mac are very expensive and you will have to install window in your mac and you will probably have some trouble and get complicated . But for sure mac are better then window especially if you planning to get logic . but if your using fl keep it simple and get a window laptop (this is what i use)

Sry for my bad english .

If you want a pro setup get a PC tower system, add an audio interface that connects directly to the PCI BUS rather than some shit that goes through FireWire or USB prior to hitting the PCI BUS, install additional SATA hard drives for streaming audio/samples without placing unnecessary strain on your CPU like FireWire and USB does, get a MIDI interface and some studio monitors so you can be far more productive than farting around in the piano roll sitting in some cafe somewhere on an Apple laptop.

Yes, big studios use Apple computers but they use old Mac Pro towers to host Pro Tools rigs that are designed to take the processing load off the computer. So what most people see is the brand names and so they think getting an Apple laptop and some native version of Pro Tools is somehow equivalent, that's like buying some budget Yamaha home keyboard and deluding yourself that it's the same as a Motif, now don't get me wrong I think Apple builds one of the best laptops on the market in terms of construction but it does not have the universal mojo people suggest it has in relation to music production, in fact some cross platform software works better on Windows machines, so it really is a matter of horses for courses and your horse is teh Farty loopz, which in my opinion is the best software for the kind of inefficient point and click composition that does not compromise the portability of a laptop.

ya i want a laptop just for on the go making music. i can only spend like around 500$ dollars so im not sure yet and ya i want to stick to fl studio. But thank you for the advice! and if you know of a good computer to buy that would work for that price and for the function of basically just making music let me know

I got a macbook pro bootcamped with windows 7 ultimate running FL Studio... I have no problems at all if you decide on going this route of getting a macbook pro I'll guide you through all the necessary steps to getting this to work. I to run Logic and Pro Tools 9 on my mac but I prefer FL studio maybe one day I'll get around to getting used to logic and pro tools but not anytime soon beings I can make just as good sounds on fl as I could on any other d.a.w. But if I was you instead of investing getting a macbook I'd rather you spend a grand or so on a custom computer that can get more than 8 gigs or ram on it. Anymore these days you can get up to 32 gigs of ram which is a little extreme but most of todays customs have anywhere from 12-18 gigs of ram. This would be a cheaper alternative yeah you wouldn't be mobile but it's just my two cents. If you do decide in getting a macbook let me know and I'll guide you through these steps peace.

thanks for the reply and ya i could maybe customize it. I suppose i could get a mac book but ya again i'm slightly limited on cash, haha i'm 17 so not much of a job yet. but ya i was going to buy a laptop at visions cause i get deals there so i could get a lot more for a smaller price.

There are a few things that we never thought would happen in the audio world. Reason would never allow external instruments, Waves would never ditch the iLok, and FL Studio would never be a Mac program. When the first two happened recently, I guess some of the doubt on the third one flew out the window.

Last edited:
Back