"Live" Maschine Demonstration

• Thread starter M.E.T.H.O.D...MAN
  • Start date
M

M.E.T.H.O.D...MAN

I have applied to a music and multimedia production school and we need to submit a portfolio. I have decided to film a live demonstration of one of my original beats using Maschine. My question is regarding the best way to go about this... I see some individuals who, when showcasing their Maschine beats on YouTube, simply stick a camera in the room, blast their speakers, and let the camera's crappy internal mic pick up the sound coming from the speakers. The problem I have with this is the sound quality suffers because the sub frequencies and little tweaks and sounds are sometimes not audible. I can usually never hear the bass and the beat never sounds as good as it could. Since this video will partly determine my acceptance into the program, I need quality sound. I see some guys who make these live videos film using a GoPro camera with no sound, and then they actually edit the final mixed beat over the video so that the timing of their hands to the pads makes it "seem" as though they are playing it live when in fact it was technically "finger-syncing." I do not have speakers and mix with cans so I pretty much am forced to do it this way. Has anyone done it this way? If so, how do you do it and how do you sync the video to the mp3 or wav of the actual mixed beat?

Thanks, what do you mean by sound capture device? I am using a go pro to film and it doesn't capture audio, and the only pseudo-DAW I am using is machine 2.1 currently, so how would I do that would anyone know by any chance?

Back