Left PC for Mac.. Any good Prosumer video Editing Software for mac???

Ave.

So here is the question and concern of mine,

i Just switched over to Mac (iMac 21.5 and macbook pro 2010) from the PC world and my main reason is because i do music and Macs are a little more friendly in the crash department. BUT, i also did Music Videos on my pc using Sony Vegas Studio 10 HD platinum and it was a GREAT program for what i needed it for... I only do music videos about 5-7 video tracks, 1 music track, and 1-2 text tracks. Sony vegas studio HD 10 came with more than enough effects and transitions to get the job dohttp://www.mac-forums.com/forums/#ne for me.. but sony is not mac compatible so i started looking at other programs in the same price tag ballpark as sony, for mac (because even 300$ for FCPX i feel is to much just for editing 4 minute videos, and all the reviews i've read say that the magnetic timeline make music video editing a pain in the butt on FCPX.) So far i've tried Adobe premiere elements 9 and it is LACKING so many effects and options that Sony Vegas HD studio platinum has that i could not use PE9 as my video editor, there is NO way.. so the next option is FCPX and i've taken the last few days to learn imovie (since i hear FCPX is really a pro version of imovie) and i get imovie to the fullest(it too is also lacking for what i need, but a nice free editor i must say)... But upon my friends and reviews, i hear that FCPX is NOT a wise choice for me... SO my question is, what video editor is like Sony vegas studio HD 10 platinum for mac? I dont want to run bootcamp cause i dont feel like buying windows just to use that program (money is an issue with me because buying music plugins and software are my first investments) ..... so at this point i feel my options are 1.) buy a new PC just to run the program i'm most comfortable with 2.) spend 300$ on a program that i hear is a headache when editing music videos.. I hope some of you will have some advice for me because i'm very upset right now that Mac really dosent have a good prosumer video editor that i'm aware of.... Thank you so much for your time and i appreciate your time!!!
user_offline.gif

Last edited:
Back