How much should i charge for music video production services?

Rockaway

I am starting out as a music video director, but when clients ask me how much to charge i never know what to say out of fear of scaring them away, i can do a music video which looks very professional on a budgeto f 200 pounds and have done, but thats worryingly cheap, at the same time i dont want to overcharge and scare customers away. Aany tips on coming up with a rate card and how i can go about sorting this out?

If you are just starting out you probably shouldn't charge much. When you have a decent portfolio you could probably charge quite a bit. James Wade (director for Snoop, Strong Arm Steady etc etc) did our video for free as long as we covered accommodation and a flight (he only wanted basic accom as well, just no sleeping on someone's couch).

Count all your costs that u have to pay to make the video, plus give your time a value. This is afterall your work, and u prolly have bils to pay, clients know that.

About 100 pound a shot.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

How much were you thinking of charging?

Yea i would start building a portfolio. This is what im doing cuz no one never seen my work yet so ima start doing some free work.

never do anything for free. They should give you SOMETHING. Even if its $20, 30, 50... something is something.

its about getting clients who need videos consistently

and it depends on the clients. Some clients have $500 to do for a video...some only have $250. Some only $150.

I try to work with people. The more scenes the more money

Last edited:
Back