How to make vocals fit with music video!!help!!

WuTangSht

yo, so i've been wondering how to have the song's vocals fit with the video's mouth movement at exactly the same time.... i have no clue how to do this.. help

professionally they shoot at a higher speed then in editing slow it down, thats hwy when you see someone's self done one the lips never match, on top of some cats use low bitrates on top of that. I only know about this cause I used to watch alot of behind the videos!

yo, so i've been wondering how to have the song's vocals fit with the video's mouth movement at exactly the same time.... i have no clue how to do this.. help

I don't really understand what u mean.

If the video will be edited as in real time then use a cd player to play it while shooting. Allow the actor/ singer to mime to the voice on the cd. Make sure the audio of the cd is also recorded on the video. So in editing it can be easily syncd with the original audio. Dont use cheap tape recorders the tapes worns out after few times of rewinding and the audio of the video will not match the original audio. Audio CDs are the best way.

If you're planning to do the video in slow motion. first take the original audio in to the video editing prgram u're using and fasten the audio. then export it and write it into an audio cd. Use that cd when shooting the video. After the shoot import all the videos back to the editing software and slow down all the clips. this should be the same about but in reverse as the last time you fastned. That's it edit it. Always make sure you use the correct values. for example if you fastened the audio by two then slow down the video by two.

I've done lots of music video. :)

the singers just have to do a good job at lip sync'ing to the song

what the other reply wanted to say was in music video production, a lot of directors speed up the audio to twice as fast (frame rate is also twice as fast) - then when it is edited, it will be played back in normal speed - which will render a softer action but still crisp video (almost slow motion but its not).

Back