How to make the perfect music video

This is a bit lengthy, but I would say you need the following:

1. Concept - People like things that are cool, unique, fun, funny, or interesting. You have to find out what your audience relates to and create a concept that embodies those things, so they will want to not only watch again, but show other people. It's typical to have a party scene, or a car scene, but find a way to build from that. Have a party scene where people are moving in reverse while your artist is in real time moving forward. Find an interesting location with a ton of graffiti, or a friend's nice house with a flat roof you can record on top of.

2. Equipment - People will watch something if its HD and looks quality (Even if the song is pretty bad or the concept isn't up to par). It's so much easier now to get your hands on quality cameras and equipment for reasonable prices than it used to be. You don't even have to purchase an expensive camera if you have an iphone, you can shoot in 4k. But you want a quality camera or an iphone, lighting equipment (one halo light at a bare minimum, but a three point lighting kit is ideal), and a nice camera stabilizing rig (for some cool pan shots). Plus post production software, like AfterFX and Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas or whatever your heart desires.

3. A Good Song - If you have this, your visual will be an expansion of your song. That's what a music video is essentially supposed to be, It brings this cool brand and look to the voice. So, if you have a good song, people will appreciate the visual that much more. If you have a terrible song, with a good visual, people will want to know who did your video and eventually no one will be concerned once the hype of the visual wears off, unless you keep bringing visuals, despite the bad song.

4. Good Angles - This is the hardest part, knowing angles that are visually appealing. When to do a crash zoom or whip pan. Or when to adjust the focus (out of focus - to in focus) in a shot.

5. Be Minimal - Be cheap and minimal. You don't need to spend a lot to have a great video. Your most expensive purchase will likely be the camera (if you don't have an iphone). If I'm being honest, people overpay startup videographers everyday for a pretty crappy music video with poor to decent quality.

Just my thoughts as a film major. Good luck to you.

Good read! To make a perfect music I think quality and thinking outside of the box! Thinking of creative ways to stand out. Angles are important! Motion as well! Focus and sharpness! Please check some of my work out on my youtube channel in my signature! I aimed to learn effects to make my videos stand out!

How To Make The Perfect Music Video

According to me, it is not an easy task. At starting, take a pen and paper, gather your thoughts and sketch words on paper. Just write down your ideas on paper. If you have the budget, there is no limit to what you can do. It is up to you to take help from any artist who can make outstanding music for you.

Back