How do you do this basic intro type thing?

G-Prynce

I know I ask a lot on this forum... But I'm really glad that you guys actually respond. I've got a lot of love for all of ya!

So, the start of the video has a basic looking intro that says 'Cash Motto'. Can someone tell me/show me how to make something like that? (Even without all of the spinning things, just make a logo fade in)

tell us about the software you are currently using to do your video editing/compositing/rendering

In Sony Vegas, that's called an overlay. You can create your graphic, animate it or use whatever transition you want to, then drag it over a few seconds of "black space" (nothing/no video input), and you have your intro. If you make an overlay transparency, you can drop it in over pre-existing video (the equivalent of what they used to call a "key," I believe), and it will appear as a layer over the video action (as in what you posted above). I'm not sure how to do it in Adobe, but there must be a similar feature.

Remember, the more graphics, transitions, and fancy edits you do, the longer rendering time you will have (computer compiling all of your edits and making them into a final cut). Make sure to have a few extra sandwiches on-hand.

GJ

in adobe premiere you just set the graphic to be in either the A or B video track and set the other track to contain black or whatever colour you want.

you then use your fade ins and apply a zoom to the graphic at the same time

premiere will then render the whole thing as a single stream of video: graphic fading in and zooming in over the background you choose

as for the rotating/flipping, these are simple transitions available in premiere also

You can use video keying (green screen these days but it used to be a shade of blue that was actually closer to violet (we painted a wall in the tv studio at uni to be able to do a lot of picture over picture routines for in-house productions))

Back