How do they make this?!

G-Prynce

How do they produce this video? I know it's live and all... but just how do they do it? Do they just use a simple camcorder with it's built in mic or what? And, when do they add in the music? If it's live, how did they do it?

so looking at a few of these vids for sbtv f64; they appear to be using standard location recording techniques of playback and mime - i.e. there is something playing back the audio on site out of camera that the rapper is synching to (there are a few moments where the lips ae not quite matching the phonetic structure of what is being said/rapped - they almost seem to be out of time with the words we can hear)

I could be wrong of course, but the above is how we used to do it back in the day, even in a tv studio

Last edited:
So, what happens is this?

His pre-recorded song is played and he's miming/rapping over it, and then the original song just gets thrown over the video?

not so much thrown over as both the video and the original recording are synched in a editing program such as vegas or premiere or final cut

there is probably very good synch information recorded to the video before they show us the whats up intros that is used to synchronise everything during editing; i.e. a clapper board is used running time code or just recording the sound of the clapper, as well as count in beeps for the backing track which are then edited out during editing/synchronisation

the other clue that this not a live to video recording is that there is no ambient noise in the room - we do not hear the cameraman breathe for instance nor do we hear her moving about

Last edited:
not so much thrown over as both the video and the original recording are synched in a editing program such as vegas or premiere or final cut

there is probably very good synch information recorded to the video before they show us the whats up intros that is used to synchronise everything during editing; i.e. a clapper board is used running time code or just recording the sound of the clapper, as well as count in beeps for the backing track which are then edited out during editing/synchronisation

the other clue that this not a live to video recording is that there is no ambient noise in the room - we do not hear the cameraman breathe for instance nor do we hear her moving about

What about these? These seem live.

Back