How can i produce a commercially available blu-ray disc?

Jnax

I want to know from a producer perspective what the steps are from having a ready AVC Format to a commercial available Blu-ray disc in my hand.
What are the actual steps.
How many companies must it move through and why? What does each individual company do?
Is there a license fee required?
Is there any difference between Blu-ray disc's I burnt at home and disc's hollywood uses?

add anything you want. Have experience and know the game.

(originally intended for blu-ray forums, but they wouldn't let me post. ****'em)

Happy new year btw..

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you asking? Like I have a camera. What does it take to make something that goes from my camera all the way to sitting on a BD shelf at Best Buy? That's a long process with so many twists and turns and variations.

So
- the more I read the original post, the more certain I am that they are asking about the processes once the title has been authored

- what are the minimum number of companies required to produce a commercial release of a Blu Ray Disc?

Based on my time here at fp, this is beyond the scope of most folks knowledge here
- I could research it but all I would be doing is applying my research skills to a task that you could do equally well for yourself

On a more direct note, what processes do you believe need to be executed to get formyour uthored copy to the final disc in the box on the shelf (let's see if we have the same ideas....)

So
- the more I read the original post, the more certain I am that they are asking about the processes once the title has been authored

- what are the minimum number of companies required to produce a commercial release of a Blu Ray Disc?

Based on my time here at fp, this is beyond the scope of most folks knowledge here
- I could research it but all I would be doing is applying my research skills to a task that you could do equally well for yourself

On a more direct note, what processes do you believe need to be executed to get formyour uthored copy to the final disc in the box on the shelf (let's see if we have the same ideas....)

If you have an authored disc or a disc image, I think Discmakers and their competitors have BD options these days.

So

Why is there a link with guitars reveiws in ur msg?

that's the revenue streaming code that audiofanzine (they own fp) inserts when it finds a word or phrase that matches something they want advertised nothing to do with me

Adobe Premier Elements

I want to know from a producer perspective what the steps are from having a ready AVC Format to a commercial available Blu-ray disc in my hand.
What are the actual steps.
How many companies must it move through and why? What does each individual company do?
Is there a license fee required?
Is there any difference between Blu-ray disc's I burnt at home and disc's hollywood uses?

add anything you want. Have experience and know the game.

(originally intended for blu-ray forums, but they wouldn't let me post. ****'em)

Happy new year btw..

Adobe Premier Elements will let you create a high quality Blu- Ray film on your home computer. The only thing is it is slow depending on your speed of your laptop.

YO Jnax

Best to go through disc makers and see what their requirements are.
I have authored many DVDs and only a few BD and know that it depends on your original file size and space. I think a standard BD holds 40GB of memory due to the large formatting process.
Its not Premiere Elelments that allow you to make a BD. That is only an NLE that exports BD type file formats. In the end you will need something like Adobe Encore or like software to actually create the menus and actions that the DVD will do.
I do know that if you use Disc Makers they are the only company you will have to go through. Whatever you shoot is your creative work and they will not attempt to steal your licensing - besides licensing (trademarks and copyrights) should already be completed through the USTPO or Congress office before marketing.
The difference between the disc you author and the disc Hollywood produce is: the studio they will use for art and authoring, marketing they can afford, contract of the movie they authored, and worldwide distribution they can afford -

If you know disc authoring and have Blu Ray files go ahead and make your disc.

Back